Monday, October 19, 2009

If by Roy Harper

Lyrics to IF by Roy Harper from the Once Album

Could be this weeks Roy Harper song for the Tuesday Night Andy Roberts Webcast

If it was right to be believing,
And write his name in blood
And then I met him when I died,
Well I'd have it out with god
But if it means
Degrading scenes
And sanctioning crusade
I'd know we couldn't stand man to man
Without feeling afraid, feeling afraid.


If it was wrong for not believing,
In fairytale facade
And then I met him when I died,
Well I'd apologise to dog
But if it meant
I went down on my knees
Well where's the spirit gone
Where's the love you're all talking of
When you can't stand man to man?
Man to man
When you can't stand man to man.

I find it hard to believe,
In these 'gospels' that I've heard
The forked tongue of the bible belt,
The ayatollah's word
I don't believe most anything
Spoken by anyone
As hell's fanatic paranoids
Fire heaven's loaded gun

If it was right to be believing,
Then it must be in this
That difference is beautiful,
And living it is bliss,
There are no teams
There is no side
That life on earth is done
By living the love you're only talking of
By standing man to man
Man to man

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails