Thursday, February 14, 2019

Half Way Post

It's February 14th so I'm half way through my Songwriting month challenge.

A good time to take stock and make any adjustments to the path for the next 2 weeks. The first half started with snow on the ground and ended with warm sunny gardening weather - yes, I took a couple of hours out and weeded the garlic patch.

I was ill for three days and recovering for two more so that took a chunk out, which means I'll need to step up the pace for part 2. I've learned that I can sometimes get something written down if I get up real early in the morning for an hour, after having a full day the day before, or after several hours on my own either tramping around the coastal paths or else hanging around transit spaces, such as cafes at the ferry port. Sometimes it's nice enough to plonk down on a bench outdoors even.

I still have enough bus passes left for alternate days and I quite like the enforced waiting the timetables dictate, but it does make for well trodden routes. I put out a call for help with offers of lifts at the start, and this means I have a couple of dates pencilled in and some others which are much more vague. Nobody in West Wight can pick me up on the way somewhere so far, and nobody is going to the mainland with a spare seat this month it seems.

But there is still time for you dear reader, to come good if you have been thinking about it, and get in touch to make a simple arrangement. I'm just trying to get a bit further away from home for a few hours or half a day, that's all. New horizons, unencumbered. If I had been able to go away completely for a week I would have been finished after day 5. This way with day trips is much slower, as I expected, so it's good that I allowed a whole month to get there. I have 9 pieces of writing with potential to become complete songs, but I need about 30 in order to go through a stringent filtering process later on when I come to write the music for the album.

Oh and by the way, I've just recently learned from friends in the busking community that sales of shiny disc plastic CDs have finally started to tail off, as few people still have working CD players these days. To be replaced with what - usb pen drives? Download codes? Resurgent Vinyl haha?





Related Posts with Thumbnails