Monday, March 02, 2009

Steve Tilston at Walthamstow Folk Club

Last night was the long awaited Steve Tilston guest night at Walthamstow Folk Club, which is every Sunday at The Plough Inn, Walthamstow.

I've been a fan of Steve Tilston's songwriting ever since his second album "Collection" came out and I then went and got the first album as well, but that was decades ago and since then he's been through a few incarnations and is still going strong. Two great sets from him last night at Walthamstow Folk Club which I enjoyed immensely.

It was also my own first appearance, after having been once as a non performer two weeks ago to see Wizz Jones. I was on in the second half, just before Steve Tilston came back on and I played my own song The Wreckers' Prayer. Perhaps it was because I did an introduction or just the composition of teh audience but this was the first time I've done that song and they've 'got it'. Linda says some of them were Cornish, well I donlt know about that but she did manage to capture the performance on video so I think I'll post that as a seperate entry here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails